In Match 34 of IPL 2021 second leg between KKR vs MI, Kolkata Knight Riders steal the show by winning the match. Firstly, the two times Indian Premier League champions defeat the five-times champions with 7 wickets in Abu Dhabi at Shiekh Zayed Stadium. So, in the toss between both the captain Eoin Morgan and Rohit Sharma, Morgan won the toss choose to field first. While Mumbai Indians step on the field with a very strong record against KKR.
As MI beat Kolkata Knight Riders 22 times out of their 28 meetings in IPL. So, Mumbai Indians opening duo Rohit Sharma and Quinton De Kock give a great start to the team. But after the wickets of both opening batsmen MI middle order got collapse and could reach only 155 runs. As the dark horse in this match Kolkata Knight Riders came with different mindsets and destroy MI in all departments. Firstly, Kolkata Knight Riders stopped Mumbai Indians to 155 runs with 6 wickets loss. All credit goes to KKR bowlers. Secondly, after the impressive performance by Kolkata bowlers in the 2nd innings KKR batsmen also keeps the redeem of the team.
Brilliant performance by KKR against MI
The opening duo of Kolkata has started very well. As the KKR batsman smash two sixes in the very first over of the game. Therefore, after scoring 13 runs Shubman Gill loss his wicket against star pacer Jasprit Bumrah and give Mumbai a breakthrough. After that, the loss of Shubman Gill wicket, Venkatesh Iyer doesn’t stop the follow of scoring runs. While he was joined by Rahul Tripathi and both the players destroy Mumbai’s bowling department.
As both, the batsman has scored very fast half centuries Venkatesh Iyer score 50 runs off 25 balls. Which is fastest by any KKR batsman against Mumbai. And Rahul Tripathi has score 50 runs off 29 balls. Therefore, both the batsman build a good partnership and help the team to reach a comfortable score. Because again Bumrah strikes for MI with Iyer wicket which comes as second wickets for both team and individual. However, after Iyer wickets, Morgan comes to bat he couldn’t contribute longer as he just go off in 7 runs. And finally, Nitish Rana hits winning boundaries for the team at the end.
KKR vs MI:- Top performer for both teams
Kolkata Knight Riders
1. Venkatesh Iyer played an impressive and crucial role in today’s KKR victory over MI. He scored 53 runs in 30 balls.
2. Rahul Tripathi also played a crucial role with Iyer to bring victory for KKR. So, even he took the game till the end and remain not out. He scored 74 runs in just 42 balls.
1. Sunil Narine the Caribbean allrounder again show his brilliance and restrict Mumbai’s batsmen. Narine has the best economy as he just gives 20 runs from his 4 overs (24 balls). And took a crucial wicket of Rohit Sharma.
2. Lockie Ferguson bowled very well by keeping MI batsmen quiet both in economy and wickets. Therefore, in his 4 overs (24 balls), he provides 27 runs and took two crucial wickets.
1. Quinton De Kock is the best performer as a batsman for MI in the match. So, Rohit and Kock give a very good start to the team. Kock took the team to a comfortable score by scoring 55 runs in 42 balls.
2. Keiron Pollard played a very crucial knock of 21 runs of just 15 balls that helps the team to reach 155 runs.
1. Jasprit Bumrah is the only bowler for Mumbai Indiana to took wickets in today’s match of IPL 2021 against KKR. Bumrah took very important wickets but couldn’t help the team to win the match. He took 3 wickets in his 4 overs (24 balls) and provides 43 runs
2. Krunal Pandya doesn’t perform that well but he supported Jasprit Bumrah in the attack. Therefore, in his 3 overs (18 balls) he provides 25 runs with an economy of 8.33. He has the best economy for MI today.
IPL 2021- KKR vs MI Players Rating
Venkatesh Iyer:- 9/10
Shubman Gill:- 6/10
Rahul Tripathi:- 9/10
Nitish Rana:- 7.5/10
Dinesh Karthik:- 6.5/10
Eoin Morgan:- 6/10
Sunil Narine:- 7.5/10
Andre Russell:- 4/10
Prasidh Krishna:- 7/10
Varun Chakravarthy:- 8/10
Lockie Ferguson:- 8/10.
Rohit Sharma:- 7/10
Quinton De Kock:- 7.5/10
Ishan Kishan:- 3.5/10
Suryakumar Yadav:- 2/10
Saurabh Tiwary:- 7/10
Krunal Pandya:- 4.5/10
Kieron Pollard:- 6.5/10
Jasprit Bumrah:- 7/10
Rahul Chahar:- 1.5/10
Trent Boult:- 2/10
Adam Milne:- 3/10.
KKR vs MI, IPL 2021: Man of the Match winner
Although there are 4 major contenders to win the award. Like Rahul Tripathi who plays an exceptional role, Venkatesh Iyer provide a great start and Lockie Ferguson took very important wickets that restrict MI batsmen. Despite this Sunil Narine was provided as the Man of the Match because of the best economic spell in the match.