First test : day 1–
The wait for the Mega Border Gavaskar Trophy is over as two cricket powerhouses India and Australia lock horns in the series opener on Friday. In recent times, the Asian giants have been able to stamp their authority on the mighty Australians with their last three series wins. However, Pat Cummins and Co, currently the number one Test team, are desperate to avenge their recent humiliations.
Match Report of India vs Australia test
- Australia elected to bat first after winning the toss in India vs Australia . Indian pacers Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami got India off to a good start, sending Australian openers David Warner and Usman Khawaja back to the cottage for just two runs.
- After early success, Marnus Labuschagne and Steve Smith rebuilt Australia’s innings and added 79 runs in the second innings. At lunch, Australia’s score was 81/2 with Labuschagne and Smith breaking down. Just after lunch, Ravindra Jadeja’s double strike put India back in the driving seat as Jadeja removed Marnus Labuschagne and Matt Renshaw off consecutive balls.
- Earlier, a great display of spin bowling from Ravindra Jadeja made sure that the visitors struggled in the post-lunch session in India vs Australia test. However, some aggressive batting from Alex Carey made sure that Australia get out of jail after losing two quick wickets in Labuscghagne and Steve Smith. While Jadeja picked up four wickets, Ashwin played the perfect deputy with a couple. Australia are struggling at 174/8 when the Tea was called on Day 1.
- Although Australian all out for just 177 runs in India vs Australia first test.
- Then Indian team comes to bat, The Indian skipper smashed as many as three boundaries in the first over, bowled by Pat Cummins, mounting pressure on the Aussies right from the beginning.
- Rohit Sharma led with an unbeaten 56 after India bowled out Australia for 177 runs.
- Rohit and KL Rahul stitched 76 runs for the opening wicket before the latter fell for 20 runs on the bowling of Todd Murphy.
- India were 77 for 1 at stumps on Day 1 in India vs Australia test.
India vs Australia test Day 1 Highlights
Jadeja return on comeback
Ravindra Jadeja’s two wickets in two balls: Just after lunch, Jadeja made two quickfire hits for the Indian team when he removed series batsman Marnus Labuschagne ( 9) and new batsman Matthew Renshaw ( 0) off consecutive balls in India vs Australia test. Jadeja gave Labuschagne a scare in the fourth over after lunch, while new batsman Renshaw was caught in front of the wicket for a first duck. If that wasn’t enough, a few overs later, Jadeja also breached Steve Smith’s defence.
Test Debut Hat by Suryakumar Yadav:
In the shortest format of the game, SKY made a huge impact on the Indian team and was the only batsman in world cricket to score more than 1000 runs in T20Is in 2022. The former Team India head coach Ravi Shastri gave SKY his debut Test cap. SKY was all smiles as his dream of a Test debut finally came to an end and it is in India vs Australia test.
KS Bharat hugs his mother:
With Rishabh Pant still recovering from a road accident, Indian wicketkeeper KS Bharat has been handed his Test debut in India vs Australia test, picked ahead of Ishan Kishan for the four-match series. India’s Test specialist Cheteshwar Pujara gave Bharat his debut cap. Bharat’s mother was there and a picture went viral on social media where Bharat was seen hugging his mother.
India turbanate Day 1 in India vs Australia first :
It’s the end of Day 1! India dominated the first day of the test match. Courtesy of Ravindra Jadeja’s 5-over pair, they managed Australia for just 177 runs. R Ashwin helped him and dropped three wickets. On Day 1, India finished with a total of 77 boards. KL Rahul got out on 20 while Rohit Sharma remained unbeaten on 56 from 69 oversv in India vs Australia test. Indian track with 100 runs. Mission ends in Australia on day 2.
PLAYING XI in India vs Australia test
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Srikar Bharat(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj
Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Matt Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Alex Carey(w), Pat Cummins(c), Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Scott Boland
ALSO READ – The World Test CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 Final
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings