Grace Harris is an Australian female cricketer. She bats in the middle order with her right hand and bowls off break with her right arm. She is a batting all-rounder for Australia’s women’s cricket squad.
Grace Harris-Childhood and a Watershed Moment – How did she get involved in cricket?
Grace was born in Ipswich, Australia, on September 18, 1993. Laura Grace, her sister, also plays cricket for Australia.
Grace and Laura Harris have been interested in cricket since they were children. They grew up playing cricket together and soon both sisters began participating in domestic cricket.
Grace Harris had an opportunity to play for Brisbane Heat in the inaugural season of the Australian Women’s Big Bash League, and she nailed it with fours and sixes. Moreover she scored 103 runs in 55 balls and grabbed four wickets.
Grace helped her side, the Brisbane Heat, win the Big Bash League championship in its inaugural season.
Grace Harris’ excellent performance in the Big Bash League eventually paid off, as she earned her T20I debut for Australia against Ireland on August 19, 2015.
The following year, she made her ODI debut against India on February 2, 2016.
In 2018, while batting stormy for the Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League, she set a new mark for the quickest century in the tournament, reaching 100 in 42 balls.
Statistics will not allow you to assess Grace Harris’ strengths and potential. Under stressful conditions, her game improves.
Grace Harris’s Most Valuable Inning
Australia were in a bad situation in the 5th T20 encounter between India Women and Australia Women in December 2022, losing 4 wickets for 67 runs in 10 overs.
Grace Harris (64 *) and Ashley Gardner (66 *) batted vigorously to lead the squad to a 196-run victory.
However, Grace flipped the match in Australia’s favour with an undefeated 64 in 35 balls, hitting six fours and four sixes. Finally Australia won this match by a score of 44 runs.
This has been Grace Harris’ finest international innings to date.
Grace Harris’s area of expertise
- Their strength is Grace Harris’s offensive batting.
- It is her expertise to flip the match in her favour by showering fours and sixes on any surface.
- He has a lot of shots in his batting, most of them are aerial shots.
- He also has an unbelievable diversity in his off break balls.
- Improved line length and accuracy, preventing batters from scoring runs against tight bowling.
Grace Harris’s catch it point and hidden truths
- Grace and Laura Harris are both Big Bash League players for the Brisbane Heat.
- Harris owns the Women’s Big Bash League record for the quickest century100(42).
- Grace Harris was a member of Australia’s gold-medal winning squad in the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- She bats first in the Women’s Big Bash League and bats third for Australia in international matches.
ALSO READ : Sophie Ecclestone net worth, Wiki, WPL Fees, Age, Height, Weight, Family and More
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings